As a birth doula, I seek to create space for clients to be authentic and whole as they navigate the vulnerabilities of pregnancy and birth. I provide continual emotional, spiritual, physical, and informational support to laboring people and their birth partner(s). And because I do not have any clinical duties, I am able to provide this support uninterrupted and without judgment.
Here are some examples of what you can expect from me as your birth doula:
- Help developing a birth plan and a post-partum plan
- Practice with comfort measures in preparation for labor
- Relaxing touch and massage
- Acupressure techniques
- Knowledge about laboring positions, comfort measures, and pain relief
- Physical support when the going gets tough
- Active support for your birth partner(s), helping them to be the best partner(s) they can be
- Support with establishing breast/chest-feeding or bottle-feeding
- Support in processing your birth story
- Referrals for a variety of service providers in your community
- Encouragement and reassurance
- Unconditional support and respect, whatever your needs and desires
My birth package includes:
- 1 meet-and-greet
- 2 pre-natal visits
- Phone and email support from the time of hire through the close of our relationship
- Access to my lending library of books
- 24/7 on-call guarantee beginning at 37 weeks
- Continuous support through your labor and birth
- 2 post-natal visits
- Pre-arranged back-up support
I am also open to customizing my services based on your needs. If you feel you will need more support before or after your birth, we can arrange for additional visits.
I offer birth support on a sliding scale of $800 to $1200. I am also contracted through Swedish Hospital’s Birth Doula Program. If you are birthing at Swedish First Hill or Swedish Ballard my fee is a flat rate of $1200. If my fee poses a hardship, please still reach out. I am open to bartering and payment plans, and reserve a number of spots in my calendar for no-cost support. My services are always free of cost for teens, surrogates, and those considering adoption.
Click here to see if I am available for your due date.
If you think we might be a good fit, let's arrange a meet-and-greet at no cost so we can discuss how I could support you through your pregnancy and birth. Contact me to schedule, or make an appointment online.
Service area: I am based in White Center/West Seattle, and prefer to work in Seattle and South King County. If you live outside of this area and feel strongly about working with me, please reach out. I may be able to come to you for an additional travel fee.