I am a DONA International Certified Birth Doula, serving Seattle and South King County. My work as a doula is grounded in my feminism* and a deep commitment to health and reproductive justice. I believe wholeheartedly that all people should have access to competent, consensual, & compassionate care.
I welcome all pregnancy and birth experiences, and am particularly energized to work with queer and trans individuals and families. I am also motivated to help improve access to doula care by offering low- and no-cost services to those who would benefit from them, and volunteer through Open Arms Perinatal Services and St. Joseph Medical Center.
Outside of birth work, I am enjoy creating art, playing in my garden, and organizing in my community. I live in White Center with my cat and two housemates.
*My feminism is intersectional and inclusive of queer and trans people, disabled people, and POC. I do my best to use language and practices that honor many genders, bodies, family configurations, and values.
Training to date:
- Birth Doula Training, Simkin Center at Bastyr University
- Postpartum Doula Training, Simkin Center at Bastyr University
- Spinning Babies: Easier Birth with Fetal Positioning, Rachel Shapiro CPM, LM, SPBT, LMT
- Doulas as PMAD First Responders, Crystal Gurney CD(DONA, PALS)
- Breastfeeding Resources and Skills Workshop, Big Belly Services
- Placenta Encapsulation Workshop, Big Belly Services
- Birth Doula Workshop, Open Arms Perinatal Services
- Hypnobirthing Techniques for Birth Professionals, Barbara Decker HBCE CLD (CAPPA) HBFC
- Just the Basics, Just Everything: Perinatal Mental Health & Perinatal Mental Illness, Simkin Center at Bastyr University
- Caring for Transgender & Genderqueer Clients with Cultural Humility, MAIA Midwifery
- Acupressure to Encourage an Optimum Natural Birth, Tom Kennedy BSC MBACC